STEP BY STEP
- Cut the fish fillet in equal size pieces about 1/2 in. across
- Salt the cut fish and let it absorb for minimum 30 minutes. I normally do this step, the cutting and salting the night before.
- Place the fish pieces in bowl with plenty lime juice to marinate with chopped ginger. For 2 lbs of fish I use 3/4 cup fresh lime juice and 2 tbsp chopped ginger.
- Leave the fish to marinate for 15 minutes.
- While marinating fish, cut vegetables maintaining same size of pieces.
- Drain the lime juice from the fish and preserve the liquid.
- Add the cut vegetables and mix well.
- Add a dash of salt and sugar to balance the flavors and acidity, finish with olive oil to your taste.
- Keep refrigerated
- Add the lime and ginger juice from the marinade to blender
- Add same amount fish stock as lemon juice to blender. You can use fish cubes for the stock or vegetable stock also. Make about 1 cup
- Add milk 1/3 cup
- Cilantro / chopped / 3 tbsp
- Onion 3 tbsp
- Bell pepers 2 tbsp
- Dash of honey / Salt
- Blend well
- Pour over the fish
- Fish fillets / cut into ½ in cubes / 2 lbs
- Tomato / in cubes / 1 cup
- Yellow bell peppers / in cubes / ½ cup
- Red onions / in cubes / ½ cup
- Black olives / diced / ½ cup
- Limes / enough to make 1 cup juice
- Cilantro / chopped / ½ cup / to be mixed with vegetables
- Honey or brown sugar
- Salt & Pepper