BROCCOLI CHICKEN PARMIGIANA
Healthier variation of this by now classic dish, Chicken Parmigiana. Building layers of parmesan flavored chicken breast, broccoli rice, tomato sauce, ham, mozzarella, croutons and everything topped with parmesan cheese, will give you a dish with that hearty italian flavor you were looking for. Buon Appetito!!!
STEP BY STEP
- Sprinkle chicken breast on both sides with Parmesan
- Saute in pan at med-high allow to brown on sides, no more than 3 min. per side, set aside when finished.
- Add onions to same pan and when half way cooked add broccoli rice on top, cover with lid, cook for 5 min. more. Put aside when done.
- Let’s start forming layers. Add some butter to bottom of oven dish and cover with chicken pieces.
- Add layer of broccoli
- Add layer of tomato sauce of your choice
- Add ham in small pieces
- Add mozzarella cheese on top
- Add layer of croutons
- Add parmesan cheese
- Place in oven covered with aluminum foil at 350 for 40 min.
- Remove aluminum foil, turn knob to broil and cook until golden on top.
- Let it rest for 20 min before serving.
As for the ingredients remember that it all depends on how much you need to make and how big is your oven dish. The quantities shown here are a guide and the video can help you define the real amounts.
- Chicken breast / 2 lbs
- Onions / 1/2 cup
- Broccoli rice / 1 cup
- Tomato sauce / 1/2 cup
- Ham / 1/2 lbs
- Mozzarella cheese / 1/2 lbs
- Croutons (small) / 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese / 1/3 cup